What is the length of your programs and presentations?
I design my programs to meet your time frame. Keynote presentations are usually from 30 to 45 minutes. Workshops and seminars run from a half day to two full days, depending on your audience’s needs and program learning objectives. I have the professional background and experience to be flexible enough to adapt to your changing needs.
I will do whatever I can to work within your time requirements.
What is your presentation experience?
I have conducted an estimated 5,000 classes and programs in my career to date for a wide range of Universities, Associations, Hospitality Companies and professional groups.
Each program’s learning objectives are identified in advance with the group and my programs are personalized to meet those stated needs.
What do you provide in handout materials?
Groups have a choice of either a small personalized workbook or a PowerPoint handout. These will be customized with your event or group logo and the length varies depending on the program. I often receive compliments on the completeness and helpfulness of my handouts.
My program handouts can be emailed to you for copying 21 days prior to your event, or if preferred, copies can be sent and billed at basic reproduction costs.
What are your Audio Visual and staging requirements?
AV equipment to be provided:
- A laptop friendly lectern or a standard skirted rolling AV cart, 42-inch high (1.1M) with AC power for my laptop.
- A wireless lapel microphone (with audiences greater than 50 persons).
- Wi-Fi connectivity (for some presentations).
- A data projector with 3000+ lumens output and 1024 x 768 (XGA) resolution with power and connection cables.
- A screen.
- A sound patch from my computer to the PA system (mini-plug output) or powered speakers for smaller rooms.
- For keynote addresses and large staging sets, a preview monitor at the stage center front apron should be provided.
AV equipment I will bring:
- I will bring my own laptop computer (1024 x 768 resolution), advance mechanism and laser pointer.
Set up requirements:
- My preference is to work from the floor rather than use a stage/riser unless the audience exceeds 200.
- The area above the screen should be darkened in order to provide good contrast.
- I will work with a variety of seating configurations depending on your set up needs, but my preferred seating is chevron schoolroom. This allows participants a greater interaction with the facilitator and each other.
Can you provide a publicity photo?
Can you provide a publicity video?
There are a good number of videos on my YouTube channel, including interviews. I am also agreeable to help promote your event by providing a YouTube video teaser promoting my participation with your event.
Can you provide references?
You can view testimonials from a wide range of different clients on my testimonials page. I am happy to provide specific references upon request.
Are you available on a specific date?
I work with clients that have week-long professional certification programs, as well as shorter term assignments. Many of these are booked several months ahead, but there is often flexibility in some scheduling. Please contact my office and we will respond with 48 hours.
What are your speaking fees?
My speaking fee ranges from $3,500-$7,500 plus basic travel expenses. Fees for webinars and other virtual meetings are $1,200-1,800 per event. A 50% deposit is required to secure booking dates.
Having been an officer and a lifetime member of many hospitality associations, I try to work within budgets whenever possible.
How are expenses addressed?
I respect travel expenses for clients and handle them the same as I would my own costs. I travel the best rate available on airfare (coach) and basic travel/meal expenses are charged. Full itemization and receipts are provided. If applicable and I can serve more than one client on a trip, airfare will be shared among clients. Every effort will be made to keep expenses to a minimum.
Do you pay referral fees?
An emphatic YES!
Speaker bureaus normally charge a commission of a speaker’s fee. I am willing to pay a commission of 15% to anyone who refers a client to me resulting in a full-fee speaking booking. If you know someone who could benefit from my motivational and hospitality program talks, which are instructive, enjoyable and user-friendly, please assist me and I will send you the commission.
Cannot accept money? I will donate your referral finder’s fee to your favorite charity in your name.